So in about 12 hours, I will be on my way to an unfamiliar location, with no one I know and some crappy French stowed away somewhere in the recesses of my brain. This sounds like a great combination...
I did, however, do a bit of research on the city of Nantes:
It was the capital of the Brittany region and still retains some of that influence in its architecture and regional culture.
It is one of the greenest cities in France, one of the safest cities in Europe, and Time Magazine named it the "best European city to live in" in 2004.
It is a sister city to Seattle, Washington, (and Jacksonville, Florida).
It's the birthplace of Jules Verne and the Edict of Nantes (for all you history buffs).
The rest of it? I will just have to figure it out when I get there.
Until then, all I can do is dwell on the fact that I am certifiably INSANE for doing this.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire