mardi 21 juin 2011

end of the year?

I didn't realize how quickly this year in France would go by. Not that it's over yet; I bought my plane ticket back to Richmond for the 23rd of August! I am flying from Paris to Iceland, Iceland to New York, and then New York to Richmond. Then, two days later, I start school. Luckily, the jet lag associated with coming back to the States usually makes me go to bed early and wake up early (when I arrived in France, I slept all day and stayed up all night) so I won't miss the first day of class (except for maybe physics at 8pm....). The plane ticket cost only 467€, whereas my ticket from Richmond to Paris cost me 800 USD! So I am finally going back home!

I made some fantastic friends this year: Zsuzsanna from Hungary, Sophie and Lara from England; Siiri and Elina from Finland; Bing from Canada; Regine, Stefan and Christoph from Germany; Virginie, Fred, Loïc, Erwan and Clément from France; Adam and Eva from the Czech Republic; and Lauren and Lynn from the United States! But slowly, everyone started to go back home, and now I am pretty much by myself in France. I do love the country, but it was also the people I met that made it awesome. That's when I decided that perhaps it was time to look into going home. But before that, I've got a couple of flights to take......

June 23
Flying from Nantes to East Midlands with Bing to see Sophie!

June 29
Flying from London to Stockholm with Bing and Sophie!

June 30
Taking a boat from Stockholm to Turku with Bing and Sophie to see Siiri and Elina!

July 5
Flying from Turku to Budapest with Bing and Sophie to see Zsuzsanna!

July 9
Flying from Budapest to Paris

July 11
Flying from Paris to Beirut to see my family and my uncle's wedding!

July 19
Flying from Beirut to Athens

August 1
Flying from Athens to Paris and taking a train to Nantes to see Erwan, Loïc and Fred!

August 2-20
Hiking through the south of France on a grande randonnée!

August 23rd
Going home!

I will have many many pictures up soon!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire