samedi 1 janvier 2011

The Lamest New Year EVER

I figured that being in Paris on New Year's Eve was enough to make exciting and interesting things happen...

WRONG!

Having high expectations for it is the reason why I think it turned out so terribly. Not to say that I didn't have fun or anything, but I nothing remarkable or exciting happened. First, I went over to a friend's apartment for dinner. We decided to buy a bottle of champagne. Unfortunately, it was 22h when we decided this, so nothing was open. I asked my uncle if I could buy a bottle of champagne off of him and he declined (he was having his own party in Paris with his friends). So we decided to go to the Place de Trocadéro, where you get the best view of the Eifel Tower. The problem is, it seemed that half of Paris made that same decision. We couldn't get on the métros because they were so crowded and jam-packed! By this point it was 23h46 so I figured we could at least be above ground when midnight struck... Basically, instead of a light show at the Eifel Tower, I was wandering around with my sister and 3 friends somewhere near Galeries Lafayette. We didn't even know it was midnight when it happened because there was no significant cheering, honking, or anything of the sort. After that, we went back underground for the métro ride to the boat party that we had bought tickets for: 27,50€. You know what my New Year's resolution is??? Never buy tickets that expensive for a party. The coat check was separate, one class of champagne cost 12€, and the music was terrible. I decided that I should at least catch the last metro home so I wouldn't have to pay for a cab ride home. My 3 friends refused to leave with me, but my sister had no choice but to come with me (my uncle would have been a bit upset if I showed up at home without her...). We wasted a good 57€ on this terrible boat party, and we STILL missed the last métro. I decided to walk the whole way home, which turned out not to be too far, though there were a lot of drunk groups of men walking around and leering at us. We arrived at the apartment, where my uncle's girlfriend had made foie gras, veal with mushrooms, sweet potato, raspberry tart, and a plethora of other delicious finger foods. They also had lots of champagne left for us, so I toasted to the New Year sometime around 3am instead of midnight.

It was a terrible, lame night.

And yet, I would gladly relive it for a chance to stay here forever.

How could I have passed this up?!

From left to right: my sister Zena, me, my uncle Jad

Pastries from Carl Marletti pastry shop

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire