I finally got the heck out of the terrible dorm! YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! It was a pretty last-minute change.... I found an apartment, visited it, liked it, said yes immediately, then found out that I had to get out of Fresche Blanc over the weekend in order to not have to pay February rent. So I made the most abrupt and unexpected move of my life! Here are some photos:
 |
| Bathroom (you probably think it's small, but I think it's massive!) |
 |
| View from the balcony (this definitely beats the construction site!) |
 |
| Kitchen! Note the balcony!! |
 |
| My clothes stored in une penderie |
 |
My bed (side view)
|
In any case, I'm glad to have Fresche Blanc out of my system! It was nice for the first semester, but I couldnt imagine staying in there for a full year! Now I have more space to do what I want, and I can stay in the kitchen all night long if I want! On top of that, I can sleep in past 8am, which is a fantastic luxury if you have been waking up at 7 all semester due to terrible noise.
So now, instead of living with other foreign students who speak English really well (which is fine, but I don't ever get to practice my French), I live with a French girl named Manon who does not really speak English all that well (according to her). It's a good chance to actually live amongst the French (her friends come over a lot). Also, Manon likes to experiment with cooking, so that's pretty great for me! :P
Anyway, the girl I'm replacing left me all her groceries, her furniture, her decorations (as you see in the photos, now I have posters! yes!!!!), and a bottle of Montbazillac as a gift. I'm fairly pleased with this change. I have more space for me, so I'm ridiculously happy right now.
In any case, if I really miss Fresche Blanc all that much, I can just go up the hill and walk there. Which is what I did on Sunday night. I went to the kitchen to have dinner with the new arrivals. I figure that I was in the same position that they probably are right now: lost, confused, culture shock-y. So I took it upon myself to make them feel welcome here! We ate the typical food of students: pasta and bread and cheese. It was plain food, but good times with new people! Hopefully everyone learns to love it here as quickly as I did-- it makes things a bit easier.... :P
 |
| From left to right: Me (VCU), Robin (UVermont), Julia (Pitzer), and Kate (Loyla U)! Cooking dinner in the Fresche Blanc kitchen! |
 |
| Me and Luz (CWU) |
 |
| From left to right: Josh (Pitzer), Luz (CWU), Leah (UVermont), Courtney (Thompson Rivers), Sarah (Puerto Rico), Kate (New Orleans), and me |
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire