mardi 8 février 2011

I wish I could draw a curve of my physical well-being while here in Nantes. I know that I spend a lot of my time talking about going to the gym, but I can't help it that I miss doing that so obsessively compulsively...

When I first arrived in Nantes, my food stipend hadn't arrived yet. I was living off of very little money.... as a result, I ended up not buying very much food.... This is the part of the graph that plunges towards 0, as I lost 10 lbs within a few weeks of being there. I remember the irritation of having to go out and buy new pants that actually fit me.

Now, I am feeling the same irritation....but I have gained weight again. My stipend is comfortably here, I am buying the food that I like, which includes French cheeses and wines, and I can feel the fat on my body..... It has been a long time since I stopped working out for good (sometime in November), and I don't like the way it makes me feel. This time last year, I had found a motivation in the form of the Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10K in Richmond. I signed up for a training team and everything-- no getting out of that one! By the time the 10K rolled around, I was so used to working out all the time that I just kept going.

Well....I found my motivation! The Nantes Marathon! I don't know if I can run 26 miles, but I know that I could do the smaller 9K race on that same day. Maybe. I sure hope so.....If I plan to live here forever, I have to find a way to feel healthy and sane without needing the YMCA....

Maybe I'll be in there sometime in April!....


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire